Are you and your family eating enough veggies?
Children between ages 2 – 8 need 1 – 1 ½ cups each day (2-3 servings)
Teens and tweens need between 2-3 cups each day (4-6 servings)
Adults need between 2 ½ -3 cups each day (5-6 servings)
Try these ways to increase your veggie intake (and sneak in some un-noticed veggies)
- Muffins – kids love zucchini and pumpkin muffins
- Pancakes – try making them with sweet potatoes
- Meatballs, Meatloaf – puree some mild tasting veggies and add them to the meat. My fav is a carrot addition.
- Sauces red and cheese – puree some veggies such as carrots, onions, zucchini, celery, baby spinach, mushrooms, or red/green/yellow/orange peppers and add to a red sauce or try a cheese sauce made with cauliflower for mac and cheese.
- Smoothies – throw in some spinach or kale along with fruit/yogurt to add some extra veggies.
- Kale chips – yum!
- Soups – puree your favorite veggies into a soup if your family doesn’t like chunky vegetables. Butternut squash soup is delicious.
- Try cauliflower rice or cauliflower mashed potatoes as a side dish.
- Popsicles – add some carrots, beets, or spinach to make some colorful popsicles.
- Dessert – try carrot cupcakes, chocolate zucchini cake, pumpkin or zucchini brownies.
FOLLOW US on FB and Instagram to learn more about 𝙀𝙖𝙩 𝙍𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙋𝙡𝙖𝙣 and healthy living.